TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON HIRE CONTRACT
The following terms and conditions are considered as part of the hire contract and are impartibly from it:
1. The period of this contract as long as the customer keeps the vehicle, provided that the least hire period is twenty-four (24 hours).
2. The customer required to be not less than 25 yrs. old and the driving license more than two years old.
3. The customer must declare that he shall be present at OTO Rent a Car to submit the vehicle at the end of the contract period and not allowed to transfer the agreement daily to weekly or monthly. When the customer wishes to extend the hire period, he shall have to inform OTO Rent A Car of his wish at the end of the contract period, provided that he pays.
4. The customer is allowed up to a maximum of 200km per day. BD1 - for small vehicle & BD2 - for the rest of the vehicle types will be charged for every exceeding kilometres.
5. The customer must submit the car back on the time specified in the contract. Failure to abide with this condition shall result in the imposition of an hourly delay charge of BD1 - for small vehicles, BD3 - for medium vehicles, BD6 - for large vehicles, BD8 - for luxurious vehicle. Besides, OTO Rent A Car shall have the right to count monthly and weekly rent fares as per the daily rates.
6. The customer must check the vehicle before receiving it. He must make sure all tools, equipment and accessories that should be in the vehicle exists thus he is committed to pay for them in case of loss , theft or damage. No excuse shall be considered in relation to failure in checking such tools, equipment and accessories when receiving the vehicle.
7. The customer shall cooperate with OTO Rent A Car in case the vehicle is required for the and registration, for periodical maintenance or for repair in the event of break down of vehicle.
8. The customer shall look after the vehicle with his utmost care and brings back to OTO Rent a Car in the same condition in which he received it when signing the contract. Failure to comply with this condition shall give OTO Rent A Car the right to withdraw the vehicle from the customer at any time or place and terminate the hire contract provided that he shall be responsible for the damages incurred as a result of his misuse of the vehicle.
9. The customer must notify the Directorate of Traffic and Licensing and OTO Rent A Car immediately when he experiences any damage or traffic accident known - unknown party involving the vehicle and he must get/demand an official traffic accident report so that necessary measures are taken. Failure to produce traffic accident report , he shall bear the full legal responsibility of the damages incurred by the accident onto the vehicle and onto others according to the circumstances and conditions of the results of the accident.
10. The customer in case of his responsibility for the cause of traffic accident according to the report issued by the Department of Traffic and Licensing, shall be made to pay the obligatory fine as well as a breakdown charge against the halt of activity of the rented vehicle under repair or maintenance due to the accident caused by the customer and has to pay one month rent in case of cancel.
- Small Vehicle - BD250 obligatory charge / BD6 (Max 30) Daily Breakdown Charge
- Medium Vehicles - BD300 obligatory charge / BD12 Daily Breakdown Charge
- Large Vehicles - BD350 obligatory charge / BD25 Daily Breakdown Charge
- Luxury Vehicles - BD400 obligatory charge / BD50 Daily Breakdown Charge
(An additional excess of BD150 for driver's less than 25 years & driving license less than 2 years.)
11. The customer shall declare that he shall not remove the stickers of OTO Rent A Car or those of the Directorate of Traffic and Licensing off the vehicle. On violation of this condition the customer shall be charged BD40%.
12. This contract is personal and the customer has no right and shall not be legible in any situation to allow any person whose name has not been mentioned in the hire contract to drive the rented vehicle. In case of violation, OTO Rent A Car shall have the right to withdraw the vehicle at any time or place and terminate the contract. The customer shall then be responsible to pay for all the damages onto the vehicle and onto the others as a result of this act despite the fact that the insurance policy does not cover damages resulting from the use of vehicle by other, non-authorized, people who have not been mentioned in the hire contract.
13. The customer shall declare to comply with Law No. 9 for the year 1979 issuing Traffic Law and the Ministerial Decree No. 28 for the year 1979 of the Executive Bylaws of traffic, which, according to the law, bans driving while under the effect of alcohol or drugs. In the case where the customer vehicle the ban damages, he shall bear the full legal responsibility of the damages that he incur upon the vehicle and the others while driving under the effect of alcohol or drugs.
14. The customer shall be fully and solely responsible for any accident he causes and for any damage or breakdown affecting the engine or any component of the vehicle and shall bear the full cost of repairs. The vehicle has a Third Party Insurance. However, this provision may be exempted in case of payment of an extra charge sum on rent amount.
15. OTO Rent A Car have the right to cancel the contract and withdraw the vehicle from the customer on violation any of the terms and conditions of this contract and demand him to settle outstanding dues immediately. OTO Rent A Car also have the right to take legal measures and the customer shall bear responsibility for all legal charges and expenses including the attorney fees and a 10% interest on the delayed payment as from the due date.